Financial Literacy For KidsOn Friday, we had a special visit from Amy. She works for ASB bank and she talked to us about being young "Cashletes".
The session was divided into 3 key stages. Here are the things we learned.
- How we earn money
- The value of money
- Save, Spend and Share
- Needs vs Wants
- The importance of purchasing needs before wants
- Where does money come from
- Earning money through doing chores
- How to save money
- Comparative shopping
- Debit Cards (Only has the amount of money we put in it)
- Credit Card (Borrowing money from the bank, we need to pay this by a certain time or we will need to pay extra)
- Budget for the things we want
"Spend some on you but save some to."